The Most Basic Tips On Storing And Aging Wine
You may think you know it all about wine storage, but maybe there are a few tips that you haven’t internalized just yet. There are some great tips you should know if you want to ensure that you have the best storing techniques that can get you the best wine results or will at least ensure that it doesn’t go on to spoil.
We’re going to show you some of the main, simple and easy tips available for wine storing. That way, you can enjoy the best wine at your very fingertips.
- Leave your wine in the darkness, because light doesn’t do your wine any good. The darker the environment, the better your win will age. Don’t store your wine in direct light or in sunlight because the UV rays that penetrate the bottle, will damage certain elements within the drink.
- Pay attention to the humidity of the area in which you stored the wine bottles with natural corks. Keep the humidity of the wine storage area at around 70 percent. You don’t have to worry so much about humidity when you’ve got bottle which have synthetic corks or screw caps.
- Don’t stress too much over the temperature you store your wine in, unless it is consistently and significantly fluctuating. Keep it at a steady temperature of about 44 to 64 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Always lean your natural cork wine bottles on their sides, to keep them moist, so that air doesn’t get in and change the taste and smell of the wine.
- Don’t worry about storing cheap wines, because they weren’t meant to be stored for very long. No matter what you do, they won’t age well, so just try to open them within a year of buying them for best results.
If you are looking for affordable storage during a move or for those extra items you want to hang onto then check out our storage facility in New Jersey for climate controlled and safe self-storage in New Jersey and surrounding areas. We have affordable storage units for any budget to store your good in a state-of-the-art storage unit.