Avoid Storing These Things In Your Storage Unit
You may have the preconceived notion that you can store just about anything in your storage unit. However, there are a number of things that you should just avoid storing in your unit. Maybe you should need to designate a whole new area for the storage of some of your items. We’re going to show you some of the items that you should avoid storing in your self-storage unit.
- Don’t ever store dangerous chemicals or toxic materials in your storage unit, because of some of the extreme conditions that may be present in the unit. It’s never a good idea to store items that are combustible, flammable, toxic or hazardous items in a unit. We’re talking about things like kerosene, gasoline, motor oil, corrosives, paint, fertilizer and more.
- Don’t ever store weapons in your storage unit. Most storage facilities don’ even allow you to store these items anyway – they barely allow people to store things like fireworks in the unit.
- Don’t ever store tires or vehicles in your self-storage unit, especially if they aren’t registered, insured or operational. You may not even be able to store more than four tires in a self-storage unit, because it’s really costly for them to dispose of such items if you abandon them.
- Don’t ever store medical supplies and equipment because many storage facilities don’t accept radioactive equipment, hazardous chemicals or other things.
- Don’t ever store construction equipment because they aren’t usually able to fit in the space that’s available in the unit.
- Don’t ever store perishable food items in your storage unit, even if the area is climate-controlled. You may be able to store climate controlled storage units, however you won’t be able to store perishable things like dairy products, meats, cereals and others.
- Don’t ever store animal products in your storage unit, because just like perishable food items, they tend to spoil and attract pests to your unit.
If you are looking for affordable storage during a move or for those extra items you want to hang onto then check out our storage facility in New Jersey for climate controlled and safe self storage in New Jersey and surrounding areas. We have affordable storage units for any budget to store your good in a state-of-the-art storage unit.