Guidelines For Storing Your Items In A Self-Storage Units
There are a number of things that you should do to ensure that your items are carefully stored away in our self-storage unit. We’re going to show you a list of general tips, as well as tips for storing appliances, electronics, pictures and mirrors.
Some general storage tips include the following:
- Make a list of your items
- Use moving pads, sheets or light blankets to protect your belongings
- Label the containers or boxes on each side
- Use clear plastic containers so that you can see your contents
- Make sure to park your lighter boxes on top pf the heavier ones
- Never store flammables or toxins in your unit
- Never store any food items
- Insure all of your belongings
Some tips for storing appliances include the following:
- Always clean them before you store them away
- Slightly open your doors to prevent mildew
Some tips for storing your electronics include the following:
- Try to store them in the original boxes they came in.
- Use bubble wrap, cushion foam or even newspaper to pack them in, if you can’t get the original boxes.
- Use color coded stickers to label corresponding cords
Some tips for storing pictures and mirrors include the following:
- Store mirrors or framed pieces on end, instead of storing them flat
- Wrap small pictures and stand them on end, inside of boxes
- Buy special picture moving boxes to store larger pictures.
If you are looking for affordable storage during a move or for those extra items you want to hang onto then check out our storage facility in New Jersey for climate controlled and safe self-storage in New Jersey and surrounding areas. We have affordable storage units for any budget to store your good in a state-of-the-art storage unit.