Some Items You Should Store In A Unit And Not In The Basement/Attic
The environment that you store your items in can either help them to remain in good condition or it can cause your items to deteriorate. Some items can survive being stored in the attic or basement, but others really can’t stand up to the unstable conditions in there. That’s why it’s a good idea to choose to store your items in a self-storage unit instead. We’re going to show you some of the items that you should pack away into your storage unit instead of your basement or attic.
- Store your delicate fabrics in your storage unit, because mice, insects, water damage and temperature fluctuations may pose a difficult problem if you leave them in your basement or attic.
- Store your natural-material furniture and décor in your storage unit so that the wood won’t mildew and the other items won’t suffer moisture damage in their time being stored.
- Store your important documents like your medical records, birth certificates, marriage licenses, passports, etc. in a storage unit so they don’t get wet and illegible/useless.
- Store your dry goods or provisions in airtight canisters in your self-storage unit so that you can avoid attracting mildew and insects to them.
- Store your electronics in a storage unit (that is preferably climate-controlled, like ours) so that you can avoid extreme heat and moisture, like you would have in the basement or attic of your home.
- Store candles in a storage unit so that they don’t start melting when the weather gets hot.
If you are looking for affordable storage during a move or for those extra items you want to hang onto then check out our storage facility in New Jersey for climate controlled and safe self storage in New Jersey and surrounding areas. We have affordable storage units for any budget to store your good in a state-of-the-art storage unit.