Very Important And Useful Self Storage Tips
When you’re ready to commence your big move and transfer your stuff into a self storage unit, you have to keep in mind that it’s an issue which is very important. You have to ensure that you do it carefully so that your items don’t become damaged, and so that you can get the best out of your self storage unit. Consider these tips that we’ve compiled, to help you acquire the best from your unit.
- When you want to pack your unit, pack your truck backward from how you want your unit packed.
- Place dryer sheets in the corners of your unit and in boxes as well, to help keep spiders and insects away and to help keep your items smelling fresh. Replace them monthly for the best results.
- Use cardboard instead of plastic bags or airtight containers for storage of certain items so that you don’t trap moisture inside.
- Create an aisle between your items so that you can easily access them when you want something and you won’t have to move items out to get to other items.
- Place charcoal in a bucket in your unit, because it helps to absorb moisture.
- Stack boxes of similar size on top of each other to make the most of the available vertical space. Remember to stack the heavier boxes below.
- When storing couches, lean them on their sides.
- Keep mattresses and box springs free of dust by protecting them with mattress covers or fitted sheets.
- Don’t store your boxes right up against the walls. Leave some space between them so that mold doesn’t grow and so there is sufficient ventilation. You should stack your boxes on wooden pallets to prevent them from absorbing moisture and to help improve ventilation as well.
- Store electronics carefully when storing them away, and ensure that you don’t store them in freezing cold temperatures, because they may damage the components.
- Make sure you drain all the fuel from small engine machines or either completely drain or completely fill the fuel tank in vehicles when storing them away. Do this to avoid condensation from occurring.
If you are looking for affordable storage during a move or for those extra items you want to hang onto then check out our storage facility in New Jersey for climate controlled and safe self storage in New Jersey and surrounding areas. We have affordable storage units for any budget to store your good in a state-of-the-art storage unit.