Good Tips For Storing Your Items In A Storage Unit (Part 1)
Not only is storing your items in a storage unit a good idea for your belongings, but packing and storing them properly is very important for keeping them in a good condition as well. That’s why we’re going to show you a number of things that you should do to ensure that you make the most of your storage unit. Check them out…
- Make sure that you use high quality cardboard boxes to store your items and ensure that you pack them completely so that when they are stacked, they don’t collapse.
- Always label your boxes so that you can identify them easily.
- Stack your belongings on wooden crates, to use as a protective barrier between your items and the concrete floor.
- Allow ventilation between your items by leaving air space between them and the walls.
- Make sure your appliances are clean before you store them and slightly open the doors of freezers, stoves, microwaves and other appliances.
- Pack the items you want to access more frequently, toward the front of the storage unit.
- Pack your more valuable belongings more to the back of the storage unit.
- Add shelves to your storage unit, so that you can store smaller items on them and save on space.
- Ensure that you have a high-quality lock to secure your storage unit and keep your items safe.
- Before you pack any of your items, ensure that they are dry and clean so that they don’t create any mold and mildew.
- Pack your heavier items at the bottom and your lighter items at the top.
- Never store food or any other perishable items in your unit.
- Never store any flammable items like gasoline or fireworks in your unit.
- At intervals, sweep your unit to keep it clean and check the conditions of your belongings.
If you are looking for affordable storage during a move or for those extra items you want to hang onto then check out our storage facility in New Jersey for climate controlled and safe self storage in New Jersey and surrounding areas. We have affordable storage units for any budget to store your good in a state-of-the-art storage unit.