Basic Tips For Storing Your Summer Gear
It’s not summer time anymore, so it’s time for all the fun summer stuff to go away for a little while. We advise that you store your summer gear with the mindset that you are aiming to keep them in the best condition possible, so you won’t be disappointed next summer. Here are some tips you can use to do just that.
To store your beach supplies, you need to do the following:
- Ensure that your belongings have the enough breathing space between them.
- Make sure that you don’t place any wet items in the storage unit, or else they may end up getting moldy or musty.
To store your summer clothing, you need to do the following:
- Use clear plastic containers to store your clothing in, so that they are easy to identify.
- Place satchels of dried lavender or dryer sheets amongst fabrics, to keep them smelling good.
- Ensure that all the clothing you want to store away are dried and cleaned before you store them away.
- Hang clothing in wardrobe boxes to store them away during winter.
To store your patio furniture, you need to do the following:
- Protect the furniture with dust or furniture covers.
- Make sure that if you’re storing a grill, the tank is disconnected.
The store your bikes, surfboards, canoes, etc., you need to do the following:
- Keep them covered so that their foam or rubber parts don’t get damaged.
- Wipe them down completely and make sure they’re dry before you store them.
- Prevent your items from falling by storing them on the ground. Don’t place them on the bare ground – place a dust cover on the ground first.
If you are looking for affordable storage during a move or for those extra items you want to hang onto then check out our storage facility in New Jersey for climate controlled and safe self storage in New Jersey and surrounding areas. We have affordable storage units for any budget to store your good in a state-of-the-art storage unit.