Some Very Useful Tips For Storing Clothing
When you’re storing clothing, you need to take extra precautions in order to ensure that your garments remain in optimum condition. Here are some of the things we advise that you keep in mind in order to ensure that you get your clothes back in a good condition from storage. Check them out.
- Lessen on the dampness in your closet or storage unit, by tying chalk together and hinging them from the ceiling or from a support post.
- Ensure that you keep your storage area well-ventilated if the location that you’re storing your clothing it, has a cool, dry climate.
- Put some space between the garments you want to store away in order for air to pass between them.
- Don’t use any starch or fabric finish on the garments that you’re going to be storing.
- Line dresser drawers with an acid free shelf paper or quilted fabric to protect your clothing from wood acid.
- Don’t use wallpaper remnants or gummed shelf paper to line your dresser drawers because they will attract insects to your clothing.
- Make sure to clean the clothing you want to store, so that insects won’t be attracted to the drink, food and perspiration stains that may be in them.
If you are looking for affordable storage during a move or for those extra items you want to hang onto then check out our storage facility in New Jersey for climate controlled and safe self storage in New Jersey and surrounding areas. We have affordable storage units for any budget to store your good in a state-of-the-art storage unit.