Basic Storage Tips For Packing Your Self-Storage Unit (Part 1)
When you’re packing your storage unit, the most important thing is to know how to do it right. That way you can effectively make use of the unit and keep all of your belonging safe and sound. We’re going to show you some of the things you need to do, including how you need to store your items, what you can or cannot store in your unit and specific things you can do to help keep your items safe. Take a look.
- Store the items you need to use frequently, at the front of the unit.
- Make an aisle through your belongings so that you can easily access the items you need.
- Place boards and pallets on the storage unit floor, to place your stuff on.
- Don’t stack more than 3 to 4 boxes on top of each other.
- Wrap your fragile items in bubble wrap.
- If you have boxes with delicate items, don’t place heavy boxes on top of them.
- If your boxes have open spaces, stuff it with packing materials so the items inside it can’t move around.
- Cover your furniture with blankets, so that they don’t get scratched, dented or dusty.
- Ensure that your appliances’ doors are left slightly open so that they can breathe while in storage.
- See what exactly your contract will allow for you to store in the unit.
- Never store any perishable goods, or flammable/combustible items.
If you are looking for affordable storage during a move or for those extra items you want to hang onto then check out our storage facility in New Jersey for climate controlled and safe self storage in New Jersey and surrounding areas. We have affordable storage units for any budget to store your good in a state-of-the-art storage unit.